Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: The Beauty Post | Models Own Polish For Tans Collection

Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Beauty Post | Models Own Polish For Tans Collection




last week i was lucky enough to win the new Models Own Polish For Tans Collection, and i'm so in love that i couldn't resist sharing them with you!

the collection is designed to enhance to golden colour of a natural (or fake, if you're as pasty as i am!) tan and consists of five complimenting summer shades. Models Own describe them as 'neon-pastels', but they are definitely much more on the neon side in my opinion, and i think they've definitely caught the attention of a few people when i've been testing them all out this week, especially as i normally stick to pastels in the warmer seasons. these definitely look a lot better with a tan than my usual pale complexion and i think that's because the neon hints of colour just make it stand out so much more against lighter skin, so i will be reserving these for the times i can be bothered to tan. i just really love the concept of this collection and the shades are the perfect subtle neon in comparison to other neon shades which are far too in your face. if you want to add a pop of colour to your look without it being too OTT, then these will be fab, especially when they're complimenting that summer tan!

shade-wise, i think Bikini (a stunning fluorescent yellow) and Flip Flop (a really eye-catching limi green) have to be my current favourites, especially as there's also so much of these colours on the high street and making its way into my wardrobe at the moment and i love being able to match my nails to an outfit. Beach Bag is your typical orangey coral shade, and Shades is a much more pink-based coral. Sun Hat is the ultimate girly shade and can only be described as Barbie pink! who else loves the equally summery shade names?

all of the colours are opaque in two coats, and are a lovely thick and even consistency. they last about two to three days before big chips start to show up, but they still work great for topping up those little chips. it's safe to say that these are now my staple summer polishes, and if you want to pick them up then they're currently in the Models Own 6 for £20 offer (basically 6 for the price of 4!!).


3 comments:

  1. These colors are seriously stunning. I wish we had Models Own here in LA because I happen to LOVE products that bring out my tan, and these are perfect.
    Might have to be placing an online order!

    Great review!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection from Models Own and I am a big fan of their range. Love how vibrant these shades are, really are perfect for life with a tan..that I do not have at the moment :( Forever a milk bottle.
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this post <3 Helped me pick out my favourites from the collection! I'm a new follower & would love to see more of you over on my blog!

    www.abstermac.blogspot.com

    xox

    ReplyDelete