Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Illuminating Shampoo & Conditioner

Friday 10 May 2013

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Illuminating Shampoo & Conditioner



hello guys! 
today is the day i start getting back into blogging now i'm all done with my second year of uni - it scares me that when I go back i'll be a final year and almost 21! i have quite a few products that i need to review, so that's what will be going up over the next few weeks.

i recently recieved a lovely gift-box of John Frieda products and today i'll be talking about the new Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Illuminating Shampoo & Conditioner(*). 
the John Frieda website claims that the shampoo 'Cleanses while it drenches your hair with pure shine for a high-gloss finish. Formulated with an exclusive Crystalline Complex,Brilliant Brunette® Liquid Shine Illuminating Shampoo penetrates damaged areas within the hair while it polishes the exterior of each strand to optimise the reflection of light and create a crystal clear shine. Intended for daily use.'  whilst the conditioner ' lightly coats each hair strand to provide non-stop brunette shine.'

now i'm the kind of person who when i find a shampoo and conditioner i like, i really stick to it and my go-to choice is the Tresemme Split End Remedy Duo, but I have used the regular Brilliant Brunette duo before and liked it, so was looking foward to testing this out. If you've used John Frieda Brilliant Brunette in the past, then the smell of these is exactly the same - it's not really something you can describe, but it's a gorgeous clean hair scent! 
One thing that caught my attention was that the shampoo was clear - absolutely no colour, but i'm guessing that this is part of what makes the hair shine? It lathers up really well, and the conditioner it super silky and really feels like it's worked its way into your hair. 
i don't wash my hair every day, i can get away with it every 2-3 days and after the initial wash it left my hair very soft, softer than my usual shampoo and conditioner. it has given it a slight shine, and i think this would have a much better effect if i did use it everyday - by the time i get round to re-washing the initial shine has worn off. the only downside that i've noticed is that my hair has tended to start becoming greasier a little quicker than before, but there's obviously products I could use to counteract this whilst I carry on using the John Frieda pieces. I have also noticed my split ends more, but this is because i'm used to the effects of the Tresemme duo, but I've started alternating between this and the Tresemme with my washes to get the effects of both. 

Most local supermarkets/drugstores will stock this, and you can learn more over on the John Frieda website.






No comments:

Post a Comment