Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: The Life Of Being A Beauty PR Intern - Week Six

Sunday 14 July 2013

The Life Of Being A Beauty PR Intern - Week Six

afternoon, girls! hope you've all been enjoying the super sunny weather if you're in the UK? 
today is the last week of my intern posts, as it was my last day the Friday just gone. i'm so sad to have left, but I've been given the opportunity to intern again next year once I've graduated and I already can't wait to go back! the girls there have taught me more in six weeks than I've learnt in two years of doing a degree and it's 100% made my mind up that I want to work in PR once uni is over. to be honest, the thought of going back to university right now to study a final year on something i now know i don't want to do, makes me a little sad, but there's no point giving up now, especially when i have the opportunity to go back to a place i loved working at. 
i will definitely be keeping in touch with everyone there over the next year because i genuinely feel like i've made friends with everyone there - if you girls are reading this, then thankyou so much for everything, especially a surprise leaving gift which was totally unexpected, i've had the best six weeks! and with that, onto my final week of being an intern! 

Monday 
So this week we had a work experience girl in for a few days, so the morning was spent going through the papers with her and telling her who all the clients are that we work for etc. on the way back from picking up the papers we bumped into Professor Green coming out of the gym, but were both a little too starstruck with a pile of papers to say anything! With the weekend papers, comes the scans of all the coverage, and the rest of the day was filled with sendouts, including one to Clemence Poesy (which involved the neatest hand-writing i think i have ever done in my life) 

Tuesday
Along with all the normal send-outs, I spent the day adding the Cosmo Blog Award shortlisters to our Blogger database, and then worked on a couple of press releases for different clients. There was also a send-out to The Script, and we started pulling some products together for the Lovebox festival. 

Wednesday 
Full of the normal day to day tasks, working more on one of the press releases and then helping the work experience girl with doing some evalutating for the monthly reports. 

Thursday 
My final week seemed to be full of celebrity send-outs, and today one went out to Maggie Gyllenhaal. Then there were just all the office odd jobs to be getting on with, and working on the other press release and making the final changes. The afternoon was spent starting off a coverage sweep for something new that will be happening soon - just a little bit excited for you all to find out! 

Friday 
Emma treated us all to pastries for breakfast as a treat for my last day and it was lovely to have a catch-up with everyone that morning. Then both the press releases were finalised and I carried on with the coverage sweep. Then I had a big tidy up of the stock room and made sure everything was where it should be for the two new interns who start tomorrow (who I'm uber jealous of!). The afternoon was fairly quiet with everyone out of the office, so the girls let me go early, so I said my goodbyes, and headed home for the last time! 

and guess who made it to a full five OOTD photos this week?!


Outfit One
Top - ASOS
Shorts - H&M
Belt - River Island

Outfit Two 
Dress - ASOS
Scarf - Ebay

Outfit Three 
Dress - Boohoo.com
Waistcoat - F&F at Tesco
Scarf - Ebay
Sandals - Primark

Outfit Four
Cardigan - Primark
Top - ASOS
Trousers - sheinside.com
Sandals - Primark

Outfit Five
Top - ASOS
Trousers - River Island Kids

i'm thinking of doing a post over the next couple of weeks with my tips on how to get an internship and what to do once you've got one - if anyone would be interested in this, then let me know in the comments below! 



6 comments:

  1. It sounds like such a cool internship!really great that you might be going back after you graduate!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't wait - the prospect of it will definitely spur me through my final year! xx

      Delete
  2. I would definitely be interested in that post idea! Sounds like an amazing internship x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll probably pop it up in the next week or so! xo

      Delete
  3. Loving both pairs of the floral trousers. you style your outfits so well :)

    http://melissalovesthis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed reading your intern posts over the past six weeks :) It seems like you've had a great experience! I study journalism at uni and PR links in with it, so I'd really love some PR work experience! Think I'm going to have to do some research and send some emails out :) X

    ReplyDelete