Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: The Edit | Everyday SPF For Your Face

Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Edit | Everyday SPF For Your Face

so it's just my luck that once i'd planned this post, the weather takes a turn for the worst and we end up with thunderstorms! but in the hope that it will get sunny again and for those going on holiday this summer, i'm going to take the plunge and put this post up anyway. 
in the recent hot weather that we've had in the UK, i've found myself either ditching the make-up for sun lotion or my make-up just melting off my face leaving me with no protection. but after a quick snoop through my stash of skincare and cosmetics, turns out i actually have a hell of a lot of products with SPF in them that i'd never taken notice of before. as a bonus, all of these products and travel-size friendly so are perfect for the rare hot spell or your summer travels. 


Skincare
these are the three main bits i've picked from my skincare stash, and stuff which i will actually be using whether the sun is out or not! i actually picked the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream up intentionally for my holidays as i wanted something a bit lighter on the face. now i don't know about you guys but as hard as i try i can never bring myself to leave my hotel room without a little bit of make-up on my face, so the fact this has SPF15 is leaving me with the hope that this will be my holiday saviour - lighter coverage plus a little bit of SPF protection! if you're after something to give you a bit more of an even skin base, then Witch's Mattifying Moisturiser(*) also has SPF15. and not forgetting those peepers, Dermalogica's Total Eye Care(*) is another SPF15-er to reduce puffiness and fine line appearance!
other facial/skincare products with SPF in are Palmer's Cocoa Butter Daily Facial Lotion, the majority of Superdrug's B. Range, Max Factor CC Cream, Maybelline BB Cream and Neutrogena Multi Defence Moisturiser.




Make-Up
turns out the majority of foundations in my collection actually contain SPF! Rimmel Wake Me Up has SPF13, Maybelline The Eraser & Fit Me Foundations have SPF18 and Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation hits the top of the list with SPF20! Revlon Photoready & Colourstay, Sleek Foundations and L'Oreal Lumi Magique also have SPF content. with a little bit of internet trawling other make-up products i came across that contain SPF include the new Bourjois BB Bronzer and Colour Boost Lip Crayons, Sleek Lip Glosses and Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks.




Samples
this little spell of sunshine is the perfect opportunity to root through your samples stash (i know you all have one!) and get-a-testing! i found so many samples which have SPF in them including Clarin's Skin Illusion Foundation and BB Cream, Maybelline BB Cream and L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renew. even if it turns out you didn't like the samples, then at least you've bagged yourself a little bit of sun protection for the day. and if you love it, then that's just a bonus! 




Sun Lotion
just in case, i always keep this pocket sized Nivea Sun SPF30 in my bag because i burn so easily that sometimes i just need to give in and protect my skin in the conventional old way! 

so there we go... the products i've found with a healthy dose of SPF! do you guys have any SPF-friendly products you'd recommend? let me know in the comments below...



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie, I'm really enjoying your blog so I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Details in my post!

    cuteandwild.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award-discover-new-bloggers.html

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete