Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: everyday make-up #2

Monday 28 January 2013

everyday make-up #2

someone who reads my blog via. twitter asked me recently if i'd ever do this kind of post. i actually did one back in the summer but when i went back to find it, i realised my routine and the products i use for an everyday look are now completely different, so here's an updated version for you all.



STEP ONE - PREP

1 Wilkinsons Skin Therapy 2-in-1 Cleaner & Toner. 
Just a cheap 99p product to give my skin a quick cleanse every morning and to remove any makeup i might have missed in a tired state!
2 Wilkinsons Skin Therapy Moisturiser
To hydrate my skin before i bury it under a mountain of products. 
3 Benefit 'That Gal' Face Primer
This is a travel sample which is easy to get hold of on Ebay if, like me, you can't afford to go and buy a full bottle from the counter. I just smooth this across the whole of my face to provide a base for my makeup.

STEP 2 - BASE

1 Benefit Erase Paste in Shade 2 and e.l.f Essentials Concealer Brush
I just apply this over spots or any red/blemish areas to provide a more even base for my foundation. I also apply this around my eyes to brighten the area. 
2 Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 115 and 120 and e.l.f Studio Stipple Brush
I originally bought this foundation in 120 but recently found that it looked too dark on me so i searched high and low for the lightest shade in the collection and snapped it up. 115 has pigments for pink toned skin, and i have no idea why i ever chose 120 which is more for yellow tones, but so my initial purchase wasn't a total waste, i'm currently mixing the two together with a little of the moisturiser above and applying with the stippling brush and it leaves my foundation looking flawless.

STEP 3 - HIGHLIGHTING

1 MUA Pro Brow Kit
I mix the two darkest shades of this to get the right colour for me and just fill in m natural brow shape to make them look a little more healthy.
2 Benefit High Beam
I dot this along my cheekbones and under my brow bone to highlight these areas.

STEP 4 - FACE

1 e.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder and Superdrug Powder Brush
I dust this across the whole of the face just to eliminate any shine throughout the day.
2 Famous by Sue Moxley Baked Bronzer in Miami and e.l.f Essentials Blush, Bronze & Contour Brush
i brush this across my cheekbones to add a little colour and more of a glow to my complexion.
3 e.l.f Baked Blush in Passion Pink 
I use the same brush as for the bronzer and apply this just below the bronzer so it slightly overlaps and blends together. 

STEP 5 - SETTING

1 MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist
Just a couple of sprays will cover my face to help fix my makeup for the majority of the day.
2 Urban Beauty United Lasharazzi Eyelash Curlers
To add some shape and volume to my lashes

STEP 6 - EYES

1 MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder
i just apply this to my upper and lower lash lines to outline my eyes and give them a little more definition
2 17 Falsifeye Mascara in Black
do i really need to explain how i apply mascara?!
3 Collection 2000 Skylash in Waterproof Black
the 17 mascara isn't waterproof, but is my all time favourite, so i just add a coat of Skylash over the top for a waterproof mask

STEP 7 - LIPS

Obviously lip colour depends on outfit/mood/occasion etc, but my go-to lipsticks are usually...
Barry M in Shade 160
Louise Gray for Topshop in Mexican Wave
MAC Cremesheen in Peach Blossom 
if i'm not feeling lipstick it will be a simple gloss like Soap & Glory's 'A Great Kisser' as it has a nice shimmer to it.
I will add a photo to this very soon, i'm just having a bad skin week and don't want to put you all through that pain! 

Voila!









No comments:

Post a Comment