Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: Garment Review - New Look Generation 915 Blouse/Shirt

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Garment Review - New Look Generation 915 Blouse/Shirt

My final brand of the day is New Look ( I have two tops which I'll post about seperately)
First up is a tye-dye shirt from the Generation 915 Range.
So this little beauty is actually from New Look's teen section, which I actually have a fair few items from because they fit well for petites and are so much cheaper! This was a bit on the steep side for 915 if I'm honest, at £14.99, but with student discount and free delivery I thought I'd give it a go. Again, the main reason for buying this was the loose fitting under the arms which is perfect for me in the summer! If anyone is interested in sizings, it comes in Age 9 to 14-15, and I've got an age 13, which will give you a bit of an idea on the sizes this range actually fits! I will say that the actual garment appears to be much lighter in colour on the website than it is once it's in front of you, but I fell in love with it once I put it on. It's a real good quality material, but again not too thick for the summer. It's definitely a daytime top, I can't personally imagine dressing it up to wear out. One disadvantage is that the shoulders are scooped just slightly too much so bra straps do show slightly, but I do need to take into account that this is made for 13 year olds, and not almost 20 somethings, who clearly have different needs in the bust department! I'm not normally a pastel fan as I'm so pale and they usually wash me out, but the fact that the blue is quite dominant in this makes it fine for my skintone.  If you get student discount, this would be worth your money, but I don't think I'd have paid the £15 if I'd seen it in store rather than online. 

Now for some styling, I've gone for a comfy everyday/shopping look: 
BEFORE

 AFTER

I wore this yesterday with a grey chunky cardigan and loved that look aswell, but I much prefer this now I've had time to look at different options instead of having to throw something on and rush out the house. I don't think it needs much accessorising as the top makes quite a statement itself. 


Jeans (seen in outfit picture) - Primark current stock
Shoes - Primark current stock
Pastel Ring Stack - Primark past season
Cardigan - Primark - past season

I think a chunky knit works well with this, especially in such a subtle shade. 

This nail option is what I wore with the outfit yesterday and based it on the pastel shades in the shirt - 
 I did one nail in each shade ( i actually used gold instead of this nude shade, but I will invest in a lemon to complete the look) The shades pictured here are Barry M Nail Paint in 309 Strawberry Ice Cream, 304 Mint Green, 308 Berry Ice Cream and 306 Blueberry Ice Cream and Beauty UK Glam Nails in No 63 Cafe Culture.

Enjoy 
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment