Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: Teen Choice Awards 2012; The Best Dressed of the Bunch

Monday 23 July 2012

Teen Choice Awards 2012; The Best Dressed of the Bunch

Yesterday was the 2012 Teen Choice Awards, and after seeing lots of tweets about particular outfits on the red carpet (or pink in this case), I got my google on to have a nosey at what everyone wore. I've picked out my favourites, which was tough as there were so many outfits to choose from, but these are what I feel were the best of the bunch. I know a lot of people would do a worst dressed post to accompany the best dressed, but I hate picking up on negativities in outfits, especially when most people were dressed by their stylists for their events! There's some absolutely stunning outfits and I now have a bad case of clothing lust for thing I will never be able to afford, and a few potential new girl crushes!



1 // Lucy Hale; 'Pretty Little Liars' actress

Dress; Wes Gordon // Shoes; Brian Atwood // Bag;  Jimmy  Choo // Earrings;  Bang Bang // Bracelets;  Giles & Brother
I love this different, and slightly edgy take on the cut-out trend around the shoulder area of this dress! The deep coral colour looks fab with her glowing skin, and gold accessories were perfect to top this off with. And look at those platforms, she has got to be rocking some killer heels!!


2 // Lea Michele; 'Glee' actress
Dress; Versace // Shoes; Versace // Jewellery; Stephen Webster
This is such a simple outfit, and the detailing on the dress really steals the show. I'm glad she's gone for very subtle acessories aswell with some dainty earrings because I think that would look too much with the dress! (And her hair, give it to me!!!)

3 // Demi Lovato; singer, actress, and Teen Choice 2012 host
Dress; Falgunni & Shane // Shoes; Christian Louboutin 

Any regular readers of my blog will know that I'm a huge fan of Demi's style and this was no exception! This is such a statement dress with so many eye-catching details that this is another outfit that I'm glad has toned down the accessories. Teaming it up with black is spot-on rather than trying to match the mustardy/yellow tones, and silver would have looked too much with the feather detailing. I'm gutted she's got rid of her dip-dye though and gone for some super sleek extensions, I much prefer her with her beach wave look!




Unfortunately I don't have any deets on this outfit and the one below as they were worn during the awards and not on the carpet, but I'm a huge fan of these aswell. I'm glad she went back to her natural look aswell (and where did that blue dip-dye suddenly come from?) as it sets off her rock/biker look that she always manages to pull off!


I'm in love with this dress aswell, god help me! I'm a sucker for a beautiful maxi as it is, but the cut out section on the bust has sold it for me! 

4 // Carly Rae Jepsen; singer

Shorts & Blazer; Lisa Ho // Shoes; Aldo
This is possibly my favourite outfit of the night. I love the short suit look, but it's personally something I don't think I could pull off, so seeing people style it in different ways is always tempting me to give it a try. I love the print too; it's really summery without being very bright and the tailoring is stunning aswell!

5 // Kat Graham; 'The Vampire Diaries' actress

Dress; Mara Hoffman // Shoes; Gio Diev

Double trend alert - aztec AND pastels! I love the high neckline of this, and a chunky necklace really finished off the look. Again, a minimally accessoried look, but the bursts of colour on the shoes and bag tie the outfit together. 

6 // Chelsea Kane; actress
Blouse; French Connection // Shorts; Alice + Olivia
I'm loving all the shorts that were about last night! The unique print on this is the main focus of the outfit and I love the subtle lemon shade on the blouse picking out the yellow hints of the short. I'd be terrified I'd lose all the beads off the sleeves though!

7 // Ashley Benson; 'Pretty Little Liars' actress

Top; Monique Lhuillier // Trousers; Balenciaga // Shoes;  Jimmy Choo

Another stunning tailored look; I love that people have been moving away from dresses for this event. The corset/top really shows off her figure, and the high waist of the trousers really accentuates her waist. Her make-up looks really fresh too and I've always been lusting over her hair!


Enjoy
xoxo.






No comments:

Post a Comment